If you or your team members are doing the following, the wrong criteria for talent assessment may be in play at your organization:
- Are your talent assessors hypercritical of others? Are they unwilling to alter initial perceptions based further evidence?
- Do they miss on slow starters or on folks that are at first less expressive than others?
- Do they select primarily on surface characteristics?
- Do they tend to focus on current needs and expectations without factoring in future growth needs?
- Does the interview cycle take overly long?